Friday, November 11, 2011

Nursery Wall Letters

If you are expecting a baby or looking for a way to decorate a child’s room this craft project is perfect for you.
 I bought the wall letters at Michaels and the paint at Lowes. The outside edges are painted the darker color because I like the way it gives the letters a little bit more dimension.
These letters were made to match the nursery bedding I picked out for my daughter’s nursery (CoCaLo Baby: Sugar Plum).  The secret to getting such a perfect match to the bedding is that the details on the letters are from the actual wall paper border from that collection.  Using an x-acto  knife I cut the decorative edge, flowers, leaves and butterflies out and then wall papered them to the letters just as if I was going to put them on the wall.
For finishing touches I used a little bit more paint to add the butterfly flight path and the flower stem to mimic the design on the bedding.


No comments:

Post a Comment